Application Deadline for the Engineering/MBA Dual Degree is February 15th, 2018
The University of Kentucky's Engineering/MBA dual degree is a unique program that intersects technology and business, awarding both the Bachelor of Engineering and Master of Business Administration (MBA) degrees. All UK engineering majors including biomedical, biosystems, chemical & materials, civil, computer science, electrical & computer engineering, mechanical and mining can take advantage of this highly competitive program (graduates of the SEAM Pathway program also make for great candidates). Integrating a strong business understanding with the technical background of an engineer, you will now have the necessary skills to drive future innovations in both technology and business in a high-tech global economy.
Admissions & Preparatory Courses
Starting February 15th, applicants will be considered for both acceptance into the MBA program as well as the dual degree program by the Engineering/MBA Dual Degree Selection Committee. Candidates will be selected based on academic excellence, professional and personal accomplishments along with leadership potential and diversity. Applicants that are not selected for the dual degree program can still be considered for admission and scholarship awards into the One Year MBA program up until the final application deadline which is May 11th (based on availability). Only engineering majors at the University of Kentucky qualify for this dual degree option, however other engineering majors from other institutions can still apply for consideration into the One Year MBA program. Before applying into the MBA program, please review the Admissions Requirements, MBA Preparatory Courses and updated GMAT/GRE Waiver Policy
Program Description & Curriculum
Combine your technical skills with a strong business savvy.
In recognition of the increasing need for the integration of technology and business skills, the Engineering/MBA dual degree program was established to give students with technical backgrounds in engineering and computer science the leadership, critical thinking, communication, problem solving and team-building skills while increasing their knowledge in economics, finance, marketing, management and much more. We believe engineering graduates equipped with an MBA will have the technical, analytical and business skills necessary to lead strategic initiatives in high-tech, operations and manufacturing companies. The Engineering/MBA dual degree program includes the following:
- Valuable enrichment activities during the senior year of undergraduate studies
- Additional scholarship opportunities
- One Year MBA program, including the Project Connect internship
- International study abroad experience
Dual Degree Program with One Year MBA
Year 1: Take engineering courses as scheduled.
Year 2: Take engineering courses as scheduled.
Year 3: Take engineering courses as scheduled. During the summer, application invitations are sent to qualified candidates and instructed on how to apply along with other program specifics.
Year 4: Take engineering courses as scheduled. By February 15th, submit application to the MBA program and satisfy the MBA Admissions Requirements.*
Year 5: One Year MBA program, Project Connect internship and the two-week international study abroad experience.
- The Engineering/MBA Dual Degree Selection Committee will review applications and invite selected candidates for an interview. Fifteen students will initially be selected (typically in early March) and each will receive a $20K scholarship toward the MBA tuition plus a scholarship for the two week international study abroad. Chosen Engineering/MBA dual degree program students will be required to participate in enrichment activities that will be held between March – May.
- The remaining applicants that are not selected into the Dual Program can still be considered for admission into the MBA program and will be considered for funding from the general MBA scholarship fund (if funds are still available).
Production Engineering Specialist at Toyota North America
Project Engineer at Messer Construction
ESSSA Stress Engineer at NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
Application Service Manager at Syngenta
Business Analyst at Boeing
Program Manager at United States Air Force
College of Engineering
Kim Sayre, P.E.
Engineering/MBA Dual Degree Program Director
220L CRMS Building
University of Kentucky | Lexington, KY 40506
859.257.33437 (office) | email@example.com