The GMAT/GRE exams may be waived by the MBA Admissions Committee as part of the graduate test requirement for the One Year MBA and Professional MBA programs. Sole discretion of any GMAT/GRE waiver remains with the MBA Admissions Committee and any waiver granted does not guarantee acceptance. The following criteria may be considered for waivers:
- Masters, Doctorate, or a terminal degree such as in Law, Dentistry, Medicine or Pharmacy Doctorate, or presently enrolled in such programs and in good standing
- If the applicant has taken the LSAT, MCAT, PCAT or DAT exam and has been accepted into one of the following dual or Joint Degree programs at the University of Kentucky (JD/MBA, MD/MBA, Pharm.D/MBA)
- Professional work experience with heavy emphasis on the managerial or technical background, position(s) held, tenure, professional responsibilities and specific accomplishments in leading a process, team, department or organization to achieve measurable goals/targets. Combined with career experience, additional considerations will be given to those who have demonstrated prior academic achievement and/or those who have obtained additional professional/leadership certifications (such as CPA or CFA), professional trainings/courses and/or credentials.
- Military experience and service
- To be considered for a GMAT/GRE waiver, please email firstname.lastname@example.org an updated resume and attach other documentation as appropriate to be reviewed by the MBA Admissions Committee
- Please be ready to provide additional items or documentation to the MBA Admissions Committee at their request
- The GMAT or GRE will still need to be taken if seeking an academic scholarship (this is only for the One Year MBA program)